Terms & Conditions
- A 15,000 Thai Baht deposit is required to secure a place on the course
- The deposit can be paid by credit card, bank transfer or cash (if the applicant is already in Thailand)
- All bank fees and transfer fees must be paid by the applicant
- Other options are Western Union or Money Gram – transfer fee is paid by the applicant
- For cash payments Thai Baht, British Pounds, Euros or US Dollars are all accepted
Balance of course fees
- The balance of the course fee must be paid on the first day of your course
- TEACHbeach TEFL accepts credit cards or cash payments
- The balance can be paid by bank transfer (All bank fees to be paid by the applicant),
- Failure to pay the balance by the end of day two may result in your place on the course being canceled. Each case will be treated individually and we will be as understanding and supportive as possible however payment must be made or proof supplied that the payment is imminent.
- The deposit is non-refundable
- Deposits are not transferable to any third party
- If you are unable to attend the selected course, we need at least 30 days notice, the deposit can then be transferred to another available course date within a period of 6 months from the original date. This can be done once. If you cannot make the rearranged course date, you will forfeit your deposit.
- If you are not able to attend the course due to exceptional circumstances or illness or if you become ill or have to return home during the course we will offer you one opportunity to join another course within 6 months of the incident.
- A refund will not be given if the student fails the course or is removed due gross misconduct
General Terms and Conditions
The TEACHbeach TEFL course director has the authority to cancel the training of anyone who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is rude or abusive to staff or fellow trainees. All course members must conduct themselves in a professional manner whilst attending the course at our training academy and during classes at Thai schools.
Visa and Work permit – Advice and assistance will be given regarding visa and work permit applications. However joining the course does not qualify you to receive these documents from TEACHbeach TEFL.
It is now a standard requirement for all prospective teachers to produce and submit a police criminal record check from their home country to secure a business / work visa
We will require all applicants to give us details of next of kin in case of accident, ill health or emergency during the course
We advise applicants to apply for holiday insurance to cover for any health issues or accidents. TEACHbeach TEFL cannot be held responsible for any medical emergencies that may occur.
All flights are the responsibility of the applicant. Airport pick ups are arranged for the applicants applying for the VIP TEFL course. If you are not booked on to the VIP course your transfer from Bangkok to Prachuap Khiri Khan will be paid by the applicant.
Trainee teachers must maintain a professional appearance whilst at the training academy and during teacher practices in Thai schools. It is now necessary for teachers to wear black or white when attending a Thai school. However smart casual dress is okay whilst at the academy. We will supply black ribbons to be worn on your shirt whilst training. This is to be respectful and to recognize the 1 year period of mourning for the passing of the King of Thailand.
TEFL Certification is issued based on the successful completion of the course.
National holidays, acts of God such as bad weather or any issue relating to the political situation in Thailand which may affect the training schedule, TEACHbeach TEFL will have to adjust the schedules accordingly to work around any unavoidable events. Applicants must remain flexible and understanding during these unlikely events.
Applicants agree and understand that they must follow the laws of Thailand and will be solely responsible for any unlawful act committed during the course
If the VIP course is selected the accommodation and utilities will be provided for the trainee. The accommodation will be clean, modern and air-conditioned. Should the trainee be unhappy with the accommodation supplied an upgrade or changes will be the responsibility of the trainee. We make every effort to ensure the quality of the selected accommodation is up to western standards.
If the Standard TEFL is selected we will help and advise you on the best local accommodation. All of the costs relating to the accommodation will be the responsibility of the trainee. The rules and conditions of the hotel selected must be adhered to by the trainee. If you have any problems with the accommodation you select we will help and give advice but we cannot get involved with any disputes or issues that have occurred during your time at the accommodation.